You’ve finally decided to embark on your journey of selling your products online. However, with a plethora of marketplaces available online, choosing the one that suits your needs can be pretty challenging.
If you’re determined to sell your products in Southeast Asian countries, Lazada can be your best bet to attract quality customers and boost sales. Lazada is one of the top e-commerce marketplaces specializing in creating a unique shopping experience for customers. It is a crucial part of consumers’ daily lives in the region and aims to serve 300 million people by 2030.
Research shows that Lazada ranks second among Singapore’s most monthly clicked e-commerce players. Further, it got over 7.53 million monthly users in the second quarter of 2021. These numbers are enormous and clearly show why Lazada is the perfect choice for generating leads and selling your goods online.
This blog post will look into the step-by-step process of becoming a seller on Lazada. Plus, we’ll discuss a few tips to boost your sales on the platform.
Why should you start selling on Lazada?
Still not convinced about the benefits of becoming a seller on Lazada? Check out the following reasons:
- End-to-end logistics support: Lazada offers robust logistics support, which helps sellers build a quick and reliable delivery system.
- Secured transactions: With a safe and seamless transaction system, Lazada provides innovative and efficient payment options that benefit both the seller and the customer. These options include cash-on-delivery (COD), online banking, over-the-counter bank transfers, debit/credit cards, local e-wallets, and the Lazada wallet.
- Multiple options: Lazada allows sellers to sell various options — over different categories — under a single platform. This means you can sell several products, from accessories and household items to clothing and electronic devices.
- Easy communication channel: Lazada offers accessible communication channels to both sellers and customers, through which customers can ask queries, provide reviews, or raise a complaint against any issues. Product inquiries and special requests by customers help sellers get an idea of the customers’ requirements, resulting in a better product or service.
- No hidden costs: Another advantage of selling on Lazada is that it doesn’t charge any hidden fees, allowing you to increase your profit margins.
- Built-in analytics: Lazada makes business analytics simple by providing sellers the essential data of what products are purchased and viewed the most by customers. This built-in feature helps sellers prepare their business plans, track inventory, and manage cash flows. They also have access to large amounts of customer data, which can help them understand their behavior and demographics and optimize their shopping experience.
Step-by-step guide to become a seller on Lazada
Now that you’re aware of the benefits of becoming a seller on Lazada, below are the 4 simple steps you need to know to complete the process:
- Registration and document submission
Registering for a Lazada account followed by submitting essential documents is the first step to becoming a seller on Lazada. You can register on the Lazada platform from anywhere in the world. However, you must fulfill the below criteria:
- You must have a business license.
- You need an email account and phone to complete the registration process.
- You must have some experience selling on other online marketplaces, like Etsy, AliExpress, Amazon, eBay, etc.
- You must have a Payoneer card or p-card registered as an enterprise.
Follow these steps to set up your Lazada account:
- Visit the official website of the Lazada marketplace and click on the SIGNUP option mentioned in the top-right corner of the homepage.
- You will be redirected to a page where you need to fill in your Phone number, Password, Full name, and Birthday. After entering the phone number, slide the Slide to get SMS Code option. This will generate a code to verify your contact number.
- Finally, click the SIGNUP button. You can also choose the Sign up with Email option to complete the signup process.
- After the signup process, it’s time to fill out your registration form. Here you will input details like your business information and billing address.
- Submit all essential documents related to your business registration and bank account details.
- Attend training sessions
To become a successful Lazada seller, attending training sessions to ease your overall journey is crucial. These training sessions are curated to provide you with in-depth information about the platform and the different ins and outs of using this platform for your best interest. Plus, you will get acquainted with the platform’s terms and policies and quickly learn how to operate the seller dashboard.
Free B2B Content Strategy Template
Not sure where to start when it comes to your content strategy? Struggling to gain traction? Grab our free B2B content strategy template to help you document your strategy.
- Activate your account
Once you successfully submit the registration form, it will be sent for approval and checked thoroughly for verification purposes. If the provided information is correct, you will receive a confirmation email from Lazada. Follow the steps mentioned in the email to activate your seller account. Once done, you will become officially eligible to manage your Lazada seller account.
- Do product listing
Congratulations! Now you’re all set to add and sell your products on Lazada. Product listing is an important yet simple step with three options: add products one by one, upload in bulk, or use a multichannel listing platform.
Manually listing your products is suitable if your e-commerce business is small. However, using a product listing platform for businesses with hundreds of products is preferable to save you time and reduce manual work. Also, don’t forget to fill in the details of the products online, including product specifications, product description, image, weight, dimension, color, etc. While you must add every crucial detail of the product, writing crisp copies is important.
5 ways to grow sales on Lazada
After you successfully list your products on Lazada, your journey as a seller begins. But, how do you generate leads and increase your product sales? We’ve compiled a few techniques that you can use to improve your performance in the Lazada marketplace.
- Inventory tracking
Overselling and stockouts are common problems among multichannel sellers, resulting in negative customer feedback and decreasing the seller’s reputation. This is where managing your inventory operations can help you keep track of your stock so that you know what products are in and out of stock. You can also use inventory management software to have better control over your inventory.
- Order management
Manage your order-related tasks by leveraging order management software. It is an ideal option to allocate orders and deliver them quickly. Plus, it can help you eliminate manual errors.
Zero human involvement also means your data is secured and can’t be leaked by anyone. In short, you can manage various tasks using order management software, including order fulfillment, billing & payment, returning and exchanging products, refund management, etc.
- Diversified product range
Include a wide range of products in your e-commerce store so that customers don’t get bored by looking at the same items every time they visit your store. Including diverse parameters, such as multiple shapes, colors, designs, and usage, can help boost your sales.
This is because customers like to choose from a large number of products, which makes them feel they have made the right purchasing decision. However, no matter how many products you include, ensure they have a unique selling proposition (USP) that differentiates them from the competition.
- Create compelling experiences
You only have a few seconds to form a great first impression of your store among your potential customers, leading to sales. Here’s how you can do it:
- Include high-quality product images that demonstrate your product features clearly and represent your brand.
- Price your products competitively.
- Ensure you have positive customer feedback, ratings, or reviews on your products.
- Provide free or reasonable shipping.
- Use digital marketing
Drive traffic to your store through digital marketing techniques, such as social media marketing, email marketing, PPC ads, search engine optimization (SEO), Google Adwords, and more.
For example, you can create your social media profiles on Instagram or Facebook promoting your products — either organically or through paid ads.
Further, you can use email marketing to build your brand awareness and keep your subscribers up-to-date with your store’s latest items and offers. Or you can also create interactive videos thanking your customers for purchasing your products, delivering the latest offers, etc.
When will I get paid by Lazada?
At the end of each statement, sellers get their payment in their bank accounts by the next working Monday(s) or Tuesday(s). Non-business days include public holidays, federal territory, and rest days.
What can I sell on Lazada?
Lazada allows you to sell almost everything — from groceries, clothing, home products to food & beverages, sports equipment, and electronic devices.
What items are prohibited on Lazada?
You can sell everything except a few prohibited items, or else your account gets deactivated. These products include weapons, vulgar images, pirated software, second-hand software, toxic items, chemicals, food products that violate food regulation standards, and more.
Which countries can I target when selling products on Lazada?
Lazada allows the sellers to sell in the majority of countries in Southeast Asia. Target countries include China, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Become a Top Seller on Lazada
Lazada is one of the biggest marketplaces in South East Asia, selling a wide variety of products. Therefore, it can be highly beneficial to register on the Lazada platform if you are planning to make a mark in that particular region.
Follow the above steps and become a Lazada seller in no time. Don’t forget to experiment with different strategies for increasing your product sales on the platform.
Free DataStudio Marketing Report
Improve your marketing reporting with our free DataStudio template that pulls data from Analytics, Google Ads, and Search Console to get a 360 degree view of your digital performance.